Quick Answer: Can I Stay In My House With Black Mold?

What happens if you live in a house with mold?

In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma.

Whether or not you’re allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs.

Here’s what you can do to combat mold problems, and take care of yourself and your home..

Does bleach kill black mold?

Killing Black Mold with Bleach on a hard, non-porous surface will kill nearly any type of mold spore(s) that it comes in contact with. Eliminating Black Mold with Bleach is also very inexpensive and readily available.

How do you tell if mold is making you sick?

Symptoms of mold exposure may include headache, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and fatigue. In those with asthma, asthma attacks can occur. In those with impaired immune systems, serious infection can occur.

How long does it take to detox from mold?

I had so much mold in my body that it took several months for the ebb and flow of flu symptoms to go away. As you kill the mold and there are less organisms in your body, you will start to feel better. It took my husband six months to become free and clear of mold while it took me a year and a half.

Can black mold make you crazy?

Discovering Black Mold Toxic mold exposure has also been linked to more serious, long-term effects like memory loss, insomnia, anxiety, depression, trouble concentrating, and confusion.

What does toxic black mold look like?

If your home or building has had water damage to its drywall or wallpaper, there is a high probability that this toxic black mold is present. Stachybotrys chartarum can be identified as a greenish-black mold. When wet, the mold looks greenish-black and slimy, but can also look black and soot-like.

How bad is living with black mold?

The most common black mold symptoms and health effects are associated with a respiratory response. Chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning.

Can I live with black mold?

The short answer for most healthy people is no, black mold won’t kill you and is unlikely to make you sick. However, black mold can make the following groups sick: very young people. very old people.

What are signs of mold in your house?

Symptoms of mold sensitivitysneezing.nasal congestion.runny nose.skin rash.itching.watery eyes.asthma.chest tightness.More items…•

How long does it take for mold to affect you?

Personal experience at water jobs: Mold does not seem to grow on every job in 24 to 48 hours. Personal experience on mold jobs: The labs take 48 to 72 hours to grow mold under ideal conditions. Non-scientific experiment where mold was not visible until day 18. The guidance documents imply 24 to 48 hours for mold growth …

Can I remove black mold myself?

If the black mold growth in your home is small enough for you to treat alone, a simple mixture of bleach and water can help. Add one cup of bleach to one gallon of water and apply it to the moldy spots. … Apply the cleaner to the mold spot and scrub away the growth. Be sure to dry the area thoroughly when you’re done.