- Can a father gives all his property to one child?
- Can a married daughter claim on ancestral property?
- Can I sell undivided ancestral property?
- Can father sell ancestral property without consent of daughter?
- Can a dad refuse to will property to his daughter?
- Can mother give ancestral property to son?
- What is the difference between ancestral property and self acquired property?
- Does a wife have rights on her husband’s father’s property?
- Is it true that ancestral property once divided becomes self acquired?
- Does wife have rights to property?
- Can husband sell ancestral property without consent of wife?
- How ancestral property is divided?
- Who are the legal heirs of ancestral property?
- Does a husband have share in wife’s property?
- Can my mother sell property without my consent?
Can a father gives all his property to one child?
A father cannot freely give the ancestral property to one son.
In Hindu law, the ancestral property can be gifted only under certain situations like distress or for pious reasons.
Otherwise, the ancestral property cannot be given away to one child to the exclusion of all others..
Can a married daughter claim on ancestral property?
According to the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act,2005, a daughter has the same right as the son over their father’s ancestral property. However, the father should have been alive on 9 September 2005, when the amendment was made. If he died before this date, the daughter will have no right over the ancestral property.
Can I sell undivided ancestral property?
1. Though there is no legal prohibition on selling undivided share of the co sharer in the joint property , the buyer without physical partition of the property can not take possession of the same. … Selling the land over which he is not legally entitled is voidable and it can be challenged.
Can father sell ancestral property without consent of daughter?
No, ancestral property be cannot be sold without consent of successors in case of major and in in case of minority you might have to take permission from the court. And if property disposed without consent can be reclaimed.
Can a dad refuse to will property to his daughter?
So, by law, a father cannot will such property to anyone he wants to, or deprive a daughter of her share in it. By birth, a daughter has a share in the ancestral property.
Can mother give ancestral property to son?
6. Properties inherited from mother, grandmother, uncle and even brother is not ancestral property. … Property gifted by a father to his son cannot not become ancestral property in the hands of the son simply by reason of the fact that he got it from his father.
What is the difference between ancestral property and self acquired property?
A property is ancestral when acquired through inheritance from ancestors, this property is always shared by members of a coparcenary equally. On the other hand property is self acquired if it is earned by own efforts/learning or other human endeavour.
Does a wife have rights on her husband’s father’s property?
If the property is ancestral and not partitioned the child can claim right on ancestral property but if it is self acquired child cannot claim any right. … As per Indian Law, wife shall have no lawful claim on her husband’s properties, be it self acquired or inherited, during the lifetime of her husband.
Is it true that ancestral property once divided becomes self acquired?
The prerequisite of an ancestral property is that an ancestral property should not have been divided or partitioned by the family members, as once a division of the ancestral property takes place, the share or portion which each coparcener gets after division becomes his or her self acquired property.
Does wife have rights to property?
Wives : A wife is entitled to an equal share of her husband’s property like other entitled heirs. If there are no sharers, she has full right to the entire property. … She is also entitled to maintenance, support and shelter from husband, and if staying in a joint family, from the family.
Can husband sell ancestral property without consent of wife?
The husband can sell the property without takiong her consent. … The husband is free to dispose the proeprty stands on his name which has been acquired or inherited or purchased, he need not take consent of his wife or from anyone to dispose the same.
How ancestral property is divided?
Under the Hindu law, property is divided into two types: ancestral and self-acquired. Ancestral property is defined as one that is inherited up to four generations of male lineage and should have remained undivided throughout this period. … By birth, a daughter has a share in the ancestral property.
Who are the legal heirs of ancestral property?
Assuming that your father and his sister are the sole surviving legal heirs to the ancestral property and now it has come in their hands as co-owners, then your father is within his rights to bequeath his undivided share in the property to his sister under his Will.
Does a husband have share in wife’s property?
The property in the hands of the wife will be her own and nobody has any right to inherit the property during her lifetime. … A husband cannot inherit the property of the wife during her lifetime. After her death, as a Class I legal heir, the husband can get hold of the wife’s property.
Can my mother sell property without my consent?
Your mother can sell a property if she has purchased the same from and out of his own funds and you can not question the same. … Even if she purchased a property of of the funds from others she can not sell without getting consent of other family members if any, including you.